Malaysia advanced, Singapore excluded from Southeast Asian Games after Thailand beat Cambodia


Malaysia qualified for the semi-finals of the men’s soccer tournament at the 31st Southeast Asian Games, after tying 2-2 in Group B with fierce rival Singapore in a heated confrontation at Thien Truong Stadium.

It took the Malaysians just four minutes to open the scoring when opponent defender Harris Stewart was robbed of possession inside his area – and despite some desperate defense by Singapore – the ball eventually made its way to Luqman Hakim Shamsuddinwho maintained his composure to fire a shot into the roof of the net.

Indonesia eliminates the Philippines; Vietnam leads in the sea games

But just seven minutes later, Singapore reacted in stunning fashion as Shah Shahiran grabbed 25 yards from goal and proceeded to unleash an unstoppable thunderbolt past a desperate Ezri Ghani.

Then it looked like a brilliant reaction was on the cards when the Singaporeans hit the front foot in the 78th minute, as Stewart substituted himself by pushing the ball over the line from yards after his initial effort from Shah’s free kick was saved. To exit by ezri with save point-blank range.

Malaysia, having been twice rejected by the woodworks previously, was not denied an equaliser with their spoils eight minutes to go as Fayez Aamir Ronizar climbed into the highest area inside the area to meet Nick Akef Sahiran’s corner kick with a towering header past him. zevol system.

With the threat of fury in the final stages, both teams put in a lot of effort in the hunt for the winner but in the end had to content themselves with a share of the spoils with neither of them being able to snatch the winner at the last minute.



Thailand scored a dominant 5-0 win over Cambodia on Saturday to move dramatically closer to sealing their place in the SEA Games semi-finals.

The result left Malaysia top of Group B with seven points and ultimately proved enough to secure their place in the semi-finals with Thailand’s 5-0 victory over Cambodia later on Friday night – a result that also confirmed Singapore’s elimination.

The Thais took the lead in the fourth minute when Chunpat Puaphan hit the net from close range after a free kick bounced off the post, before Korawesh Tasa scored more goals in the first half. Worachit Kanitsribampen Putting them firmly in control of actions when resting.

Patrick Gustafson then scored twice in the last 18 minutes to secure a landslide victory for Thailand, which made them one point behind Malaysia in second place.

Thailand can still take the lead when they finish their group stage campaign on Monday against Laos, while Malaysia’s last game in Group B will be against Cambodia.

Leave a Comment